- Created on Sunday, 29 August 2010 10:29
In March 2009, the Tweneboa-1 exploration well, in the Deep Water Tano licence 25km from Jubilee, discovered a highly pressured light hydrocarbon accumulation of up to 1.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent.
The well encountered 21 metres of net pay on the edge of a giant 200 sq km fan system related to the Jubilee play. Intriguingly, the well also encountered a four-metre over-pressured oil-bearing sand and an over-pressured zone at total depth.
Tullow planned to carry out appraisal drilling to test core areas of the structure where thicker reservoir sections are mapped. The second well, Tweneboa-2, began drilling towards the end of 2009. In January 2010 Tullow announced that the well had encountered two separate hydrocarbon columns containing oil and gas-condensate legs. In total, 32 metres of net pay were encountered.
A significant exploratory appraisal programme is now scheduled for 2010 which will include up to four Tweneboa wells to allow Tullow to fully evaluate this giant fan system. The Sedco-702 rig has been contracted for this accelerated appraisal programme and commenced drilling at Owo-1 in June 2010.
• Water depth 1,500m - 1,700m
• Tweneboa field comprises the eastern part of a bifurcating Turonian channel/fan system
• Proven gas/condensate in Upper Channel overlying oil in a Lower Channel
• Gas water contact unknown
• Oil water contact intersected by T-2
• T-3 well to test frontal splay (Ntomme lobe) of a fan complex within stratigraphic/structural trap
• Excellent AvO support, Tw-3 will calibrate bright Ntomme anomaly
• Expected spud in 2H 2010
• T-4 targets a secondary channel within the easternmost part of the fairway
• Project team is in place to evaluate field development options
- Tweneboa - Enyenra - Ntomme (TEN) Cluster Development update by Tullow Oil Plc
- Jubilee Phase 1A development plan approved; Tweneboa-Enyenra-Ntomme (TEN) appraisal progresses
- Tullow Moves to Develop Tweneboa, Enyera Discoveries
- Tullow Oil to initiate contracts for new larger FPSO in September 2011 for the Development and Production of Enyenra and Tweneboa Fields
- UPDATE: Jubilee Field Phase 1 & 1A Developments, and Enyera-Tweneboa Appraisal
- Kosmos Energy Announces Successful Tweneboa Drill Stem Tests
- Tullow Oil Complete Successful Tweneboa-4 Appraisal Well Offshore Ghana
- Tullow Oil plc - Tweneboa-3 appraisal well confirms Greater Tweneboa Area resource potential